Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Galerie of Pella closing

The Galerie of Pella will be closing on the 31st of this month. For the next two weeks they are having a "Last Chance" sale where you have the opportunity to purchase a piece of your favorite Iowa artist's work.
I've been working with Steve and Molly at the Galerie here in Pella for over 5 years now. They grew the Galerie from 5 artists in a small gallery space opening right before Tulip Time in 2006 to their current large, spacious home featuring the work of over 45+ Iowa artists. I will miss working with them. I will miss having a gallery in my local town. Together we learned as we mounted shows and celebrated the creativity of so many artists in the area. I am so grateful to have had this opportunity. Endings are never easy, but a natural part of the rhythm of our lives. And, now we look for what is next. We take we have learned and we start a new bend in the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment